EBP - Nursing
A synthesis is a comprehensive summary of all the evidence surrounding a specific research question. Such reviews include systematic reviews. The data collection methods used for systematic reviews are precise, detailed literature searches which can be easily replicated by others.
NURSING SYNTHESES: Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI)
Review the search tips under Summaries for JBI
Key is to look for "systematic review" in the results list
NURSING SYNTHESES: NursingPlus
Once you have registered, sign in to search. You can also choose to have alerts sent to you when you register.
- Click the SEARCH button from the top menu
- Type your search -- again be general and focus on condition/disease
- Look through the results for "systematic reviews"
- note that some reviews are rated
- NursingPlus is a free indexing service. So, the articles/systematic reviews are often not available for you to download.
- Take the title of the review, and search it in the main library search box to find the full text.
- NursingPlus is more of a current awareness service so it is a bit annoying to have to go find the full text.
OTHER SYNTHESES: Campbell Collaboration
Campbell Collaboration - Campbell Library
The Campbell Collaboration is an international research network that produces systematic reviews of the effects of social interventions. Campbell is based on voluntary cooperation among researchers of a variety of backgrounds. Campbell currently has five Coordinating Groups: Social Welfare, Crime and Justice, Education, Methods, and the Users group. The Coordinating Groups are responsible for the production, scientific merit, and relevance of our systematic reviews.
If you are searching on a clinical topic, you may not find anything relevant in this resources
From the Campbell Collaboration homepage:
- Choose Campbell Library from top menu
- Conduct a topic search
- or, scan through the reviews from the different Coordinating Groups
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews is part of Ovid's Evidence Based Medicine Reviews collection, and includes the full text of the regularly updated systematic reviews of the effects of healthcare prepared by The Cochrane Collaboration. The reviews are presented in two types: * Complete reviews - Complete Reviews are prepared and regularly updated by Collaborative Review Groups, and contain highly structured, systematic full-text reviews of methodological studies.
- Last Updated: Jan 19, 2023 10:02 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/EBP-NURS
- Print Page