Spatial and Numeric Data Services guide to GIS data available at the University of Calgary.
- Alberta Energy PDF and interactive maps
- Alberta Energy Regulator Maps, Map Viewers, & Shapefiles
- includes wells and pipelines
- DMTI 2020 GasAndOilFacilities & Fields shapefiles download from SANDS file server
- National Energy Board
- Natural Resources Canada: Energy Use Statistics
- Canadian Wind Turbine Database
- Canada Power Outages Map: Data is updated site wide approximately every ten minutes.
- Natural Resources Canada
- North American Cooperation on Energy Information (NACEI)
- Global Electricity Map: Live CO2 emissions of electricity consumption; strong for Europe, less for North America
- Global Solar Atlas from the World Bank Group, a series of global, regional and country GIS data layers and maps; supporting the scale-up of solar power
- Global Wind Atlas: free web-based application developed to help identify potential high-wind areas for wind power generation
- Global Energy Monitor: includes downloadable data on coal, steel, oil & gas, wind, solar
- SUBAK Data Catalogue - A collection of climate and energy data resources
- Global Renewables Watch - A first-of-its-kind living atlas intended to map and measure all utility-scale solar and wind installations on Earth using artificial intelligence (AI) and satellite imagery, allowing users to evaluate clean energy transition progress and track trends over time. It also provides unique spatial data on land use trends to help achieve the dual aims of the environmental protection and increasing renewable energy capacity.
- Last Updated: Jan 31, 2023 11:04 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/gis
- Print Page