The Nickle Numismatic Collection
The Nickle Numismatic Collection is the most important academic money collection in Canada.
- The Nickle Numismatic Collection
- Virtual Exhibitions
- Online Numismatic Lectures
- Ancient Greek Coins
- Ancient Roman Coins
- Celtic Coins
- Byzantine Coins
- Islamic Coins
- Medieval Coins
- Notgeld (German Emergency Money)
- Asian Currencies
- Canadian Money
- Pre-Coinage Currencies
- Online Database and Images
- Online Resources
- Reference Books
Celtic Coins in the Nickle Collection
There are about 130 Celtic coins in the Nickle Collection.
Celtic coinage was minted by the Celts from the late 4th century BCE to the late 1st century BCE. Celtic coins were influenced by trade with and the supply of mercenaries to the Greeks, and initially copied Greek designs, especially Macedonian coins from the time of King Philip II and his son Alexander the Great.
The Collection also includes Celtic artifacts used as currency.
- Last Updated: Jul 22, 2022 12:01 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/numismatics
- Print Page