Science Literacy Week
Energyeducation.ca is a resource created by Dr. Jason Donev (Dept of Physics & Astronomy) and his team with over 1000 pages on the entire energy sector as well as on relevant economics, climate, physics, chemistry and geology as well related to energy. Here are some highlighted pages.
- Who has access to electricity?
- Where does our electricity come from?
- What are kinetic energy, potential energy, and energy in general?
- What is coal, and how is our use changing?
- What are our fossil fuel reserves like? They aren’t what people think! (The real problem with fossil fuels is that we aren’t running out!)
- There’s a difference between renewable and sustainable, and that difference is important.
- Energy use depends on where we live, and that’s changing in big ways.
- Population is growing but unevenly and that has big consequences for us using electricity as an energy currency.
- Last Updated: Oct 26, 2023 11:36 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/scienceliteracy
- Print Page