Science Literacy Week
Along with organizations from across Canada, Libraries & Cultural Resources is celebrating & exploring the theme of energy for this year's Science Literacy Week celebration from September 18-24, 2023.
Earth, Environment, & Energy Sciences
Spatial and Numeric Data Services: Energy
- Alberta Energy PDF and interactive maps
- Alberta Energy Regulator Maps, Map Viewers, & Shapefiles
- includes wells and pipelines
- DMTI 2020 GasAndOilFacilities & Fields shapefiles download from SANDS file server
- National Energy Board
- Natural Resources Canada: Energy Use Statistics
- Canadian Wind Turbine Database
- Canada Power Outages Map: Data is updated site wide approximately every ten minutes.
- Natural Resources Canada
- North American Cooperation on Energy Information (NACEI)
- Global Electricity Map: Live CO2 emissions of electricity consumption; strong for Europe, less for North America
- Global Solar Atlas from the World Bank Group, a series of global, regional and country GIS data layers and maps; supporting the scale-up of solar power
- Global Wind Atlas: free web-based application developed to help identify potential high-wind areas for wind power generation
- Global Energy Monitor: includes downloadable data on coal, steel, oil & gas, wind, solar
- SUBAK Data Catalogue - A collection of climate and energy data resources
- Global Renewables Watch - A first-of-its-kind living atlas intended to map and measure all utility-scale solar and wind installations on Earth using artificial intelligence (AI) and satellite imagery, allowing users to evaluate clean energy transition progress and track trends over time. It also provides unique spatial data on land use trends to help achieve the dual aims of the environmental protection and increasing renewable energy capacity.
- Global Dam Tracker - A database of more than 35,000 dams with location, catchment, and attribute information
- Last Updated: Oct 26, 2023 11:36 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/scienceliteracy
- Print Page