Digital Collections that include works on philosophy:
Proquest E-Book Central: over 100,000 digital books on all topics including many works for philosophy
Eighteenth Century Collections Online: over 180,000 titles published in the 1700's.
Past Masters: the largest collection of full-text electronic editions in philosophy in the world.
eScholarship Editions: collection includes almost 2000 books from academic presses on a range of topics, including art, science, history, music, religion, and fiction.
SpringerLink ebooks - indexes over 5,000 philosophy books, with approximately 50% available in digital fulltext
University Press Scholarship Online - over 28,000 ebooks with over 2,000 philosophy titles
Bibliographies - Good guides to books (and often articles) on your topic, not restricted to items in our collection. Examples include:
- Analytic Philosophy of Religion: a bibliography, 1940-1996
Call Number:BD 573 W65 1998 | Location
- Contemporary Philosophy of Mind : an annotated bibliography - very extensive listing, over 4,000 items - now part of PhilPapers
- The Philosophy of Cynicism: An Annotated Bibliography
Call Number:B 508 N38 1995 | Location
Other Library Catalogues
- The European Library - access to the catalogs and collections of the national libraries of European nations.
- LocatorPlus - index to books in the National Library of Medicine collection. Good source for locating material on bioethics
- University of Karlsruhe, Union Catalog Search - searches the union catalogs of universities in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and other European nations.
- WorldCat - union catalog of millions of records from the catalogs of libraries primarily in the US and Canada but also libraries worldwide. WorldCat is useful for determining whether other libraries hold the work you are looking for. You can then obtain the item(s) through
- Centre for Research Libraries - " The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is a consortium of North American universities, colleges and independent research libraries. The consortium acquires and preserves newspapers, journals, documents, archives and other traditional and digital resources for research and teaching. These resources are then made available to member institutions cooperatively, through interlibrary loan and electronic delivery."
Note Interlibrary loans service is available at no charge to obtain a copy of books and articles the library does not have in its collection.
- Last Updated: Jul 21, 2022 2:15 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/phil
- Print Page