Systematic Reviews in the Health Sciences
What Is Covidence?
A web-based software tool that facilitates the completion of knowledge synthesis reviews, including systematic and scoping reviews.
Why Use Covidence?
- Import search results (RIS or XML format) from electronic databases (eg: PubMED, OVID or EBSCO databases) or reference management tools (eg: EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero) to the Covidence platform.
- Identify duplicate records in imported search results.
- Simplify processes for independent, blinded study assessment and selection (e.g. citation and full text screening).
- Invite and enable multiple reviewers to simultaneously work on a review.
- Track and collate agreements and conflicts between reviewers.
- Export data from Covidence to Excel or RevMan (for Cochrane Review Authors)
University of Calgary Institutional Subscription
All University of Calgary faculty, students and staff have access to the university’s institutional subscription to Covidence. This access allows you to create and complete an unlimited number of reviews in Covidence, and invite other authors to participate in these reviews.
How to Set Up a University of Calgary Account
- Request an invitation to access the University of Calgary's institutional subscription: https://www.covidence.org/organizations/Q4VXa/signup. Note: you must have a valid University of Calgary email address to make this request.
- You will receive an email acknowledgement, at which point you can create a personal Covidence account that will link to the University of Calgary institutional subscription.
Existing Covidence Users
Note: These instructions apply to individuals who have existing free or limited license Covidence accounts that are linked to a University of Calgary email address.
- Sign in to Covidence with your existing login information
- Click Start a New Review
- Select the University of Calgary Covidence account
- Last Updated: Aug 14, 2023 11:33 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/SysRev
- Print Page