Research Data Management
The Digital Research Alliance of Canada RDM (formerly the Portage Network) has created several short video modules on Dataverse and on research data repositories generally.
PRISM Data: The University of Calgary's Data Repository
- Does it make sense for me to use PRISM Data?
- Any UofC faculty member, staff or student may submit data files of up to 5GB each to our institutional Data Repository. If your files are larger, consider a compressed format such as .zip or .tar.
- Instructions for depositing in PRISM Data
- Can I use PRISM Data to store data during a project, or to store sensitive data?
- Everything else you need to know about PRISM Data
- Illuminating RDM Webinar on how to deposit your data into PRISM Data (from November 2022)
Federated Research Data Repository (FRDR) - A national repository for larger datasets, managed by the Digital Research Alliance of Canada
- Video: What is FRDR and Why Should I Use It?
- Video tutorial: Get a Globus Account
- Video tutorial: Download and Install Globus Connect Personal
- Video tutorial: Download a Dataset from FRDR
- Video tutorial: Upload a Dataset to FRDR
You may find that a disciplinary repository designed with your discipline's specific data needs is a better fit for your data.
|Directories of disciplinary repositories||A selection of popular disciplinary repositories|
A repository should follow the FAIR Principles: i.e., helping to make data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable.
- Last Updated: Nov 21, 2023 3:24 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/researchdatamanagement
- Print Page