Searching the IP Database
A Term Frequency graph shows how frequently your search terms occur in the content over a time period that you specify. Use Term Frequency graphs to gain insight into how individuals, events, and ideas interacted and developed over time.Click Term Frequency on the menu bar.
- Click Term Frequency on the menu bar
- Type a word or phrase in the Term box. You can compare multiple terms. To enter more Terms, click Add row. Click Delete row to remove unwanted Terms. Each Term that you enter will be graphed on its own data line
- Type a starting and an ending year in the Year Range boxes
- Click to select or clear the Content Type check boxes that you want to include or exclude from, respectively, the graph. Refer to the “Content Types and Document Types” Help topic for a description of each Content Type
- By default, the graph will display Frequency, which is the number of documents per year. To display the percent of the total documents each year, click the Popularity radio button
- To generate the graph, click Graph
“You can turn your search results into a Term Clusters diagram. Use the cluster to discover the context of your search term and uncover hidden connections. The cluster can also be used to find additional search terms that are related your topic.
- On the Search Results or a View All page, click Term Clusters in the sidebar.
- The Term Clusters page displays an interactive, visual representation of your results by topic and subtopic. You can view the cluster as a Wheel or as Tiles.
- To narrow your original search results, click on a term within a wheel section or tile. Results appear to the right.
- Click Reset to go back to the display of the original keyword groups.”
- Last Updated: Aug 24, 2023 7:58 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/indigtopics
- Print Page