East Asian Studies
This guide provides selected resources available to you through UCalgary Library and the Internet
- Tuttle Pocket Japanese Dictionary by Samuel E. Martin; Sayaka Khan (Revised by); Fred Perry (Revised by)ISBN: 9781462910922Look up words quickly and easily with this Japanese dictionary. Intended for use by tourists, students, and business people traveling to Japan Pocket Japanese Dictionary is an essential tool for communicating in Japanese.
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Chinese Culture by Edward L. DavisISBN: 9780203645062It contains nearly 1,200 entries written by an international team of specialists, to enable readers to explore a range of diverse and fascinating cultural subjects from prisons to rock groups, underground Christian churches to TV talk shows and radio hotlines.
- Encyclopedia of Chinese-American Relations by Yuwu SongThis encyclopedia contains more than 400 descriptive entries of important events, issues, personalities, controversies, treaties, agreements, organizations and alliances in the history of Sino-American relations, from Chinese and American perspectives.
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Japanese Culture by Sandra BuckleyISBN: 9780203996348This Encyclopedia is a reference that reflects the vibrant, diverse and evolving culture of modern Japan, spanning from the end of the Japanese Imperialist period in 1945 to the present day.
On the shelves
- Brill's Encyclopedia of China by Daniel Leese (Editor)ISBN: 9789004168633This is a convenient thousand-page reference on China from its early beginnings, with a clear focus on the modern period from the mid-nineteenth century to the 21st century.
- Oxford Chinese Dictionary by Oxford Dictionaries StaffISBN: 9780199207619The Oxford Chinese Dictionary has been designed both for English speakers learning Mandarin Chinese and Mandarin Chinese speakers learning English.
- The Oxford Starter Japanese Dictionary by Jonathan Bunt (Editor); Gillian Hall (Editor)ISBN: 0198601972This dictionary is created specifically for beginners: colour headwords and translations; no confusing abbreviations; warning symbols show potential problem areas.
- The Oxford Handbook of Chinese Cinemas by Carlos Rojas (Editor); Eileen Chow (Editor)ISBN: 9780199765607Offering both a platform for cross-disciplinary dialogue and a mapping of Chinese cinema as an expanded field, this Handbook presents thirty-three essays by leading researchers and scholars intent on yielding new insights and new analyses using three different methodologies.
- Chinese Literature by James L. ClarenISBN: 1590332881This book presents an overview of Chinese literature as well as a comprehensive bibliography, primarily of English language sources, accessed by subject, author and title indexes.
- Japan Encyclopedia by Louis Frederic; Kathe Roth (Translator)ISBN: 0674007700The volume is enhanced by maps and illustrations, along with a detailed chronology of more than 2,000 years of Japanese history and a comprehensive bibliography.
Books from other Libraries
If you can't find the book you are looking for please check the collection of other institutions around Canada on WorldCat.org. UCalgary Library is providing an InterLibrary Loan Service for faculty, students and staff. It is free and usually takes not longer then a couple of days until the pdf-document or book arrives.
- Last Updated: Jun 9, 2022 2:14 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/eastasianstudies
- Print Page