East Asian Studies
This guide provides selected resources available to you through UCalgary Library and the Internet
The East Asian collection at the University of Calgary supports the teaching and research needs of all students & faculty. The book collection is located on the fifth floor of the Taylor Family Digital Library.
- Bibliography of Asian StudiesBibliography of Asian Studies (BAS) contains nearly 900,000 records on all subjects (especially in the humanities and the social sciences) pertaining to East, Southeast, and South Asia published worldwide from 1971 to the present.
- China Academic JournalsFull-text electronic versions of chinese academic periodicals including: Literature/history/philosophy; Economics/politics/law; and Education/social science.
- Linguistics and Language Behavior AbstractsCovers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics, as well as various fields of linguistics including descriptive, historical, comparative, theoretical and geographical linguistics.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)Academic Search Complete provides a comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 4,600 peer-reviewed journals.
Key Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Grammars & Handbooks
- Dictionary of New Terms and Phrases of Contemporary China by Li Zhenjie (Compiled by); Vivian Ling (Compiled by)ISBN: 7800055663Publication Date: 2000-01-01The 7,400 entries in this dictionary are new phrases, expressions and popular terms that have appeared in the last 50 years. Political and scientific terms, cultural and military affairs, and other subjects are represented, with examples of usage.
- Practical English-Chinese Pronouncing Dictionary by Janey ChenISBN: 0804806632Publication Date: 1970-03-01Containing more than 15,000 common words, this is an indispensible reference for those students of Chinese ready to dive straight into everyday conversation.
- All-Romanized English-Japanese Dictionary by Hyojun R. KaiISBN: 0804811180Publication Date: 1989-12-15
- Chinese Studies in HistoryChinese Studies in History makes noteworthy works and important trends of historical study in the Chinese-speaking world available to English-language readers
- Journal of Chinese LinguisticsJournal of Chinese Linguistics is an academic journal mainly in English, which comprises research content from both general linguistics and Chinese linguistics (Languages in China)
- Japanese StudiesJapanese Studies is a fully refereed, international, interdisciplinary journal which publishes scholarly articles on various aspects of Japan, as well as book and film reviews
- The Journal of Japanese StudiesEstablished in 1974, the Journal of Japanese Studies is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary forum for communicating new information, interpretations, and research on Japan
- Last Updated: Jun 9, 2022 2:14 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/eastasianstudies
- Print Page