Museum and Heritage Studies
Students viewing ‘Wish You Were Here….(Lake Louise), Shelley Ouellet, 2001, Nickle Galleries. Photo: Dave Brown, LCR PhotoServices
The Museum and Heritage Studies Research Guide will provide you with resources to better understand your discipline. Use the left hand side navigation to explore collections and authoritative sources for your research projects.
- The International Handbooks of Museum StudiesThe International Handbooks of Museum Studies bring together original essays by a global team of experts to provide a state-of-the-art survey of the field of museum studies. Accessibly structured into four thematic volumes exploring all aspects of museum theory, practice, controversies, and the impact of new technologies.
- Leicester Readers in Museum StudiesEdited volumes for students, professionals and others who wish to obtain an overview of contemporary thought and practice in the fields of museum, gallery, heritage and curatorial studies from one of the leading programs in Museum Studies internationally.
- Museum Meanings SeriesMuseum Meanings presents new research that explores diverse aspects of the shifting social, cultural and political significance of museums and their agency beyond, as well as within, the cultural sphere.
- The Small Museum Toolkit SeriesThe Small Museum Toolkit is a collection of six books that serves as a launching point for small museum staff to pursue best practices and meet museum standards. Written by thirty-four experienced museum professionals, these brief volumes address governance, financial management, human resources, audience relations, interpretation, and stewardship for small museums and historic sites.
Have a question? Contact Information for this Guide!
Do you have questions about this guide? Let us know!
Michele A. Hardy, PhD
Curator, Nickle Galleries
Program Coordinator, Museum and Heritage Studies
Taylor Family Digital Library
2500 University Dr NW
- Last Updated: Sep 12, 2022 7:24 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/museumandheritagestudies
- Print Page
Subjects: Museum & Heritage Studies
Tags: galleries, heritage studies, textiles