Images and Citing
Can I include images from other sources in my paper?
"Inclusion of print images in a paper is acceptable if that paper is not copied and distributed outside of the institution." (https://library.ucalgary.ca/copyright)
US Fish and Wildlife Service National Digital Library
Wikimedia Commons - many royalty-free images
NYPL (New York Public Library) Public Domain Digital Collections - for example, search “rabbit” in top corner and limit to Show Only Public Domain
Colourbox stock photos (sign-up required, free)
Getty's Open Content Program images (works in the J. Paul Getty Museum's collections.)
- Use the search box to narrow the results
- "The Getty makes available, without charge, all available digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required. ... Those available as open content images are identified with a "Download" link."
- Under Usage Rights, choose either of the "free to use share or modify" options
- Choose "Modifications allowed" if you want to make changes to the image
Citing & Mentioning Figures in Your Paper - see the Graphical Elements Guide in D2L.
- Last Updated: Oct 18, 2023 1:56 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/SCIE311
- Print Page