This is a guide to research resources for east and south Asian studies.
Research Databases that include book review
NOTE the Library Search Box is an excellent resource for locating reviews. Just enter the book title and limit to articles.
- America: History and Life - covers the world's scholarly literature on the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistoric times to the present. Hint: Select "review" from publication type list and enter title of book into the search box.
- ATLA Religion Database - major index to books and articles on religious studies. Hint: Choose keyword search; enter "reviews" and combine it with keywords from the title example: "reviews and Beyond phenomenology"
- Canadian Periodical Index - good source if book was published Canada. Hint: Search title of the book and limit results to document type "book review"
- CBCA (Canadian Business and Current Affairs) - good source if book was published in Canada Hint: enter book title into search box and then filter document type to "book review"
- JSTOR -use advanced feature; then limit to "reviews"
- Project Muse - search for the book title, then limit results to reviews
- Periodicals Archive Online - international index to thousands of periodicals in the humanities and social sciences. Coverage is from the first issues(back to the 1700's) to 2005. Hint: Select "Advanced Search"and limit "Document Type" to review
- Web of Science - indexes more than 1,300 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals. Hint : Go to Advanced Search and select document type "Book Review"
Book Reviews - General Resources
Book Review Index
Call Number: Z1035 .A1 B64 | Location
- covers 1965 to 2012
- provides citations only
Combined retrospective index to book reviews in humanities journals, 1802 - 1974
Call Number: Z1035 .A1 C62 | Location
- Last Updated: Jul 13, 2023 7:56 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/asian
- Print Page