Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Kodansha Encyclopedia of Japan - 9 vols. + supplement: DS 805 K64 1983 Location
The Canadian Encyclopedia - see articles "Chinese" "Japanese Canadians" "Koreans" etc.
South Asian Religions in the Americas: an annotated bibliography of immigrant religious traditions: BL 1055 F44 1995 Location
Chinese Religion in Western Languages: a comprehensive and classified bibliography of publications in English, French and German through 1980 ( BL 1802 T545 1985) Location
- see Part II section 41 "Overseas Chinese" and Part III section 20 "Taiwan and overseas"
- note updated by Chinese Religions
- 1995 to present available online as Bibliography of Western Language Publications on Chinese Popular Religion
Sikhism and the Sikhs : an annotated bibliography - see chapter "Sikhs Abroad" (BL 2018 R34 1989) Location
Canada and Asia: guide to archive and manuscript sources in Canada: CD 3622 A2 N86 1999 v.1-2 Location
Asian American Studies : an annotated bibliography and research guide: E 184 O6 A85 1989 Location
Canadian ethnic groups bibliography FC 104 C34 1974 Location
Ethnic and native Canadian literature: a bibliography: PS 8089.5 M5 M572 1990 Location
Academic Articles on East Asian Canadians/Americans
- Academic Search Complete - full-text for over 2,600 scholarly journals; indexes over 5,000 journals
- American History and Life - major index to articles on American and Canadian history
- ATLA Religion Database
- Bibliography of Asian Studies - major index to Asian studies journals from 1971 to the present.
- Canadian Periodical Index - indexes Canadian and international periodicals with an emphasis on mainstream and academic titles
- CBCA Complete (Canadian Business and Current Affairs Databases) - comprehensive coverage of all subject areas with a Canadian focus
- Ebrary - over 30,000 books full-text
- Electronic HRAF - Updates the microform HRAF (Human Relations Area Files) collection. Each year, the Electronic HRAF is enhanced with the conversion of selected full-text files from the microform collection. The microfilm collection contains a wealth of material for Asia; over 19,000 pages of text for China, over 6,000 for Korea. Eventually all microform files will be converted to electronic format. Currently the Electronic HRAF contains the full-text of documents for approximately 40 cultures, including Chinese Canadians (6 documents), Chinese Americans (16 documents) and Korean Americans (17 documents).
- JSTOR - full-text searchable archive of over 242 journals, coverage begins at the start of each journal and stops with 3-5 years of the present.
- MLA International Bibliography - literature and folklore material 1963 to date
- PAIS (Public Affairs Information Service) - indexes political, economic and social issues in current debate. Full-text is provided for approximately 15% of articles indexed
- Population Index - provides author, subject and geographic access to journals and books on all aspects of population studies (fertility, migration etc.) Covers works published from 1986 to 2000.
- SASI: The Southeast Asian Serials Index
- Sociological Abstracts - sociological articles published 1974 to date
- SocIndex with Fulltext - full-text of 600 journals covering all aspects of Sociology.
- Web of Science - includes Social Sciences Citation Index and Arts and Humanities Citation Index
- Across the Generations: A History of the Chinese in Canada
- Asian Canadian
- The Wallace B. Chung and Madeline H. Chung Collection - "In making a generous gift of this unique and extensive research collection, Dr. Chung gives back to Canada something of what he and his family have gained since his grandfather came from China to settle in Victoria more than 100 years ago."
- Canadian Race Relations Foundations
- Chinese Canadian Historical Photo Exhibit
- Chinese Hand Laundry
- Chinese Canadian National Council
- Encyclopedia of Canada's Peoples - "Capturing and preserving first-hand accounts of first generation immigrants who share their early Canadian experience. Digitizing and providing enhanced access to culturally significant materials in all mediums."
- Historical Chinese Language Materials in British Columbia: an electronic inventory - includes some material in English on Chinese in British Columbia
- IFilm Connections : Asia and Pacific
- Japanese Canadian Internment
- Multicultural Canada
- National Association of Japanese Canadians
- Our future, Our Past: The Alberta Heritage Digitization Project - Full-text for Alberta Newspapers, local histories, folkfore and art
- Society of Korean and American Scholars
- South Asian Diaspora Database Search - guide to projects on South Asians in the Diaspora
- South Asians in North American Collection
- WWW Virtual Library - China
- WWW Virtual Library - East Asia
- WWW Virtual Library - Japan - JGuide: Stanford Guide to Japan Information Resources
American ethnic literatures: Native American, African American, Hispanic American and Asian American writers and their backgrounds: PS 153 M56 P43 1992 Location
Asian American playwrights: a bio-bibliographical critical sourcebook: also available in print PS 338 A74 A85 2002 Location
- Last Updated: Jul 22, 2022 12:01 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/asian
- Print Page