High Density Library
The following policies apply to regular library materials that do not require staff supervision:
Retrieval of Material from the HDL:
- Any user of the University of Calgary libraries in good standing may request material from the HDL.
- Requests are submitted online using a valid University of Calgary library card.
- Library users without library cards and TAL (The Alberta Library) card holders may request material using the: HDL Standard request form
- Books and journal volumes are delivered from the HDL to the Taylor Family Digital Library (TFDL) and Health Sciences Library twice daily from Monday – Friday.
- Library users are notified by e-mail when requests are available for pick-up.
- Items requested online will be available for pickup at Taylor Family Digital Library (TFDL) or Health Sciences Library within 1 business day.
- Regular borrowing privileges, including renewal, apply to all HDL material.
- Journal volumes held at the HDL may be borrowed for a 3-day period.
- Users may request multiple volumes of journals or large sets by special arrangement. Such requests are submitted by e-mail using the Contact form which is directed to the Director of Access Services. Additional delivery time must be allowed for large requests and could take up to 2 busines days. Volumes may be viewed in the Alan MacDonald Reading Room on the 5th floor of the Taylor Family Digital Library (TFDL). Volumes may be borrowed for a 3-day loan period per regular borrowing policies.
- Items borrowed from the HDL may be returned at any University of Calgary Library.
- Last Updated: Dec 2, 2019 7:58 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/hdl
- Print Page