Open Educational Resources (OER)
This guide provides information and resources to help support you learn about OER, find and evaluate existing OER, adopt OER, and create OER projects.
- About Open Educational Resources
- Open Education & Support at UCalgary
- Finding OER
- Adopting, Developing, & Evaluating OER
- Open Education Alberta Publishing Service: Creating OER in Pressbooks
- Open Educational Practices: OER-Enabled and Open Pedagogy
- Copyright & Open Licensing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Adopt an OER: Getting Started
- Alberta OER: The Starter KitOpen educational resources (OERs) are a broad and diverse category. This may make the prospect of adopting or creating an OER daunting - leaving many instructors unsure of where they should start. This toolkit will provide you with some considerations before you start using OERs in your classroom, in addition to strategies, practices, and web resources.
- BCcampus Open Education Adoption Guide: A Guide to Adopting an Open TextbookThis guide was created by BCcampus Open Education with the assistance of several faculty and staff who attended our Adoption Workshop Development Sprint on March 31-April 1, 2016 in Vancouver. We thank Caroline Daniels and Dr. Farhad Dastur (Kwantlen Polytechnic University), Inba Kehoe (University of Victoria), Dr. David Harper (University of the Fraser Valley), Lucas Wright (University of British Columbia), and Gail Morong (Thompson Rivers University).
Have you adopted an OER? Let us know!
Have you adopted open educational resources to use in your course?
If so, we encourage you to share it with us to learn more about the work you are doing around OER adoption on our campus.
Please fill out the Open Educational Resource Adoption and Creation Self-Reporting Form.
- Last Updated: Mar 22, 2023 5:11 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/OER
- Print Page
Subjects: Open Educational Resources, Research
Tags: OER, open educational resources