How to use the Reading List Service (Leganto)
Frequently Asked Questions for Instructors
- My students cannot see the link to the reading list in D2L?
- Ensure the list has been published.
- If the list has been published and only one student cannot see the list, please contact the library copyright office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is the student also a staff member at UCalgary? Have them email us (email@example.com) so we can ensure our system reflects both roles properly.
- What do I do about library sources which can't be located using the search function in the Reading List Service?
Contact your Librarian about purchasing as we may be able to purchase an eBook, digitize/scan via InterLibraryLoan, etc.)
- I tried to use the Leganto Cite it! button in my browser but it didn’t work. What am I doing wrong?
You need to be logged in to the Reading List Service on another tab for the Cite it! function to work. If you are not logged in you should receive a login popup window. You also need to ensure that 3rd party cookies are also enabled in Firefox and Chrome.
- When should my reading list be sent to the library for processing?
4-6 weeks before the start of semester is recommended.
- How do I back up my reading list in the Reading List Service?
The Reading List Service allows you to export a reading list to a leganto .lgn file. You can import your reading list from this file if you accidentally delete your list.
- Illegal Institution – Please Try Again error
If you see "Illegal Institution – Please Try Again" when you try to access your Reading List Tool, please clear your browser history which should resolve the issue.
- Can I access stats on how many students accessed readings?
You can see how students are interacting with your reading list(s) using the "Reports" link on the left side of the screen.
- Can I hide a section of my reading list for students?
You can hide collapse or expand all sections in a reading list by selecting the expand/collapse icon at the top of the reading list. Please see Working with Sections.
- How do I add other authors or collaborators to my list?
You can add collaborators to your list, who will help add, review, or revise the citations on the list.
How do I interact with my students?
Students can interact with you and their fellow students in the Reading List Service.
I know a resource exists for my reading list, but it's not appearing in my search. What should I do?
Select the Library Search button. And make sure the "include records without full-text access" search box is selected, as seen below.
Frequently Asked Questions for Students
- I am a student, and I can’t see my course reading list in the Reading List Service?
You need to login through D2L and connect your reading list with the Reading List Service. Please have a look at the Student section of this guide on how to access your reading list or contact your subject librarian.
- I can't open an item in my instructor's reading list?
Try the following options:
- Clear the cache and cookies on the current web browser.
- Try a different web browser.
- User a private/incognito window.
- Last Updated: Aug 29, 2023 11:29 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/readinglistservice
- Print Page