Skip to Main Content

Peer Mentorship and Mental Wellbeing

What if I Need to Refer a Peer?

Sometimes you may find yourself in a situation where your peers need more support than you can provide. It is important to remember that there are resources available to support student mental health at the University of Calgary.



Do you know a graduate student who is struggling with an academic issue?

Do you know someone who needs help?

Do you want to know what resources are available to students at the University of Calgary and in the community?

If you are in danger and or have safety concerns about a situation involving imminent risk of harm, call 9-1-1. Student Wellness Services provides mental health support, reach them by calling 403-210-9355. Connect with their services during business hours. If you're calling after hours, you will have the option to speak with a crisis counsellor from the Wood’s Homes’ Community Resource Team, or a highly trained volunteer at the Distress Centre.