Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

International Students' Resources

Working in Canada

International students may be eligible to work in Canada and may have different options.


You can find information about your eligibility to work in Canada here: 


International Student Services (ISS) has Regulated Immigration Advisors who are legally authorized to provide advice on Canadian study permits, work permits, visas and Permanent Residence. To take advantage of these services as a current or newly-admitted UCalgary international student, or if you have graduated from UCalgary within one year of convocation, please email ISS from your UCalgary email.

Please note that  immigration advice can not be provided over the phone.
(Please note: ISS is unable to provide admissions information through this email account)