Civil Engineering Transportation GIS Workshop
Lab Exercise: Finding the best route & closet fire stations.
Finding the Best Route
- Open BestRoute.mxd.
- Enable the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension.
- Click Customize > Extensions. Check Network Analyst.
- On the Network Analyst toolbar, click the Network Analyst window button. Dock it.
- In the Network Analyst window, click Stops (0).
- On the Network Analyst toolbar, click the Create Network Location Tool.
- Click anywhere on the street network to define a new stop location.
- Add two more stops anywhere on or near the streets. The first stop is treated as the origin, and the last as the destination.
Setting Up the Parameters
- Click the Analysis Layer Properties button on the Network Analyst window.
- Click the Analysis Settings tab. Set settings.
The Analysis Settings tab should look like the following graphic; however, your Use Start Time properties may be different:
Source and Additional Information: ArcGIS Network Analyst Tutorial
- Last Updated: Jun 9, 2022 2:07 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/encigisworkshop
- Print Page