High School Classes
Programming for high school students
UCalgary Libraries offers in-person or online library research workshops catered towards Calgary-area high schools in the IB programme. Teachers are welcome to arrange one or multiple workshops for students to develop their research skills with our library experts. Typical content includes:
- developing a research question
- doing online research and determining quality of sources
- finding library sources including encyclopedias, books and eBooks, journal articles, databases, and more
- how to borrow print items and access online materials
- scholarly versus popular materials
- working with academic integrity
- citing and referencing
- and more!
Workshop content will be customized based on particular subject areas, teacher goals and student interests.
During in-person visits at Taylor Family Digital Library, students will have guest access to UCalgary's online resources. Students can also get a Community Reader Card by bringing an ID and providing a Calgary address, allowing them to borrow print resources.
We look forward to working with you!
If you are a teacher looking to arrange an in-person or online library research workshop please submit the form below.
- Last Updated: Oct 30, 2023 1:54 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/highschool
- Print Page