This guide provides selected resources available to you through UCalgary Library and the Internet
The Russian collection at the University of Calgary supports the teaching and research needs of all students & faculty. The book collection is located on the fifth & sixth floor of the Taylor Family Digital Library.
- Russian National BibliographyComprehensive bibliography of Russian printed works presented to the Russian Book Chamber. Provides access to books, newspapers, journals, book criticism and reviews, the arts, sheet music, dissertations and maps from over 20,000 publishers.
- Linguistics and Language Behavior AbstractsCovers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics, as well as various fields of linguistics including descriptive, historical, comparative, theoretical and geographical linguistics.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)Academic Search Complete provides a comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 4,600 peer-reviewed journals.
Key Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Grammars & Handbooks
- Compact Oxford Russian Dictionary by Oxford Dictionaries Staff (Editor)ISBN: 9780199576173The Compact Oxford Russian Dictionary offers over 90,000 words and phrases, and 120,000 translations of contemporary Russian and English.
- Encyclopedia of Russian History by Janey ChenISBN: 9780028656939Providing a comprehensive discussion of Russia's people, politics, economics, religion and social systems, the "Encyclopedia of Russian History complements the study of comparative politics, world history, geography, literature, arts and culture and world cultures.
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Russian Culture by Tatiana Smorodinskaya (Editor); Helena Goscilo (Editor); Karen Evans-Romaine (Editor)ISBN: 0415320941Covers the period from period 1953, with the death of Stalin, to the present day.
- Last Updated: Feb 21, 2020 10:10 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/russian
- Print Page
Tags: Russia, Russian, Slavic, slavic studies