This guide provides selected resources available to you through UCalgary Library and the Internet
- Ethnographic Video OnlineContains classic and contemporary documentaries; previously unpublished footage from working anthropologists and ethnographers in the field; and select feature films.
- Films on DemandThe platform includes 4,600 videos on topics in the social sciences, TED Talks, arts & humanities, science, mathematics, health, business, economics, and career counseling.
- National Film Board CanadaThe National Film Board of Canada is Canada's public film and digital media producer and distributor. An agency of the Government of Canada, the NFB produces and distributes documentary films, animation, web documentaries and alternative dramas.
- DRAMNearly 2,000 albums (15,000 compositions) worth of recordings from a distinctive set of 15 independent labels. The basis for the current collection is the diverse catalogue of American music recordings by New World Records offering folk to opera, Native American to jazz, 19th century classical to early rock, musical theater, contemporary, electronic and more. Additionally, it Includes liner notes and essays.
- World History in VideoWorld History in Video is a wide-ranging collection of critically acclaimed documentaries that allow students and researchers to explore human history from the earliest civilizations to the late twentieth century.
Other Audio/Film Resources
- Virtual Gramophone: Canadian Historical Sound RecordingsVirtual Gramophone is a multimedia website devoted to the early days of Canadian recorded sound, providing an overview of the 78-rpm era in Canada. The database contains information for 78-rpm and cylinder recordings released in Canada from 1900 to 1950, as well as foreign recordings featuring Canadian artists and/or compositions.
- Last Updated: Feb 21, 2020 10:11 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/spanish
- Print Page