Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Remote Delivery for Spring and Summer 2020 Credit Courses
On Sept. 24, 2020, the university announced that instruction in the 2021 winter term will continue to be delivered with a blend of face-to-face and online modalities. Read the full announcement here.
To find answers to frequently asked questions regarding your coursework and academics as it relates to COVID-19, go to Frequently Asked Questions for Students.
Tips for Learning Online
Return to Campus
To help protect against all respiratory illnesses, including the flu and coronavirus, you should:
- Wash your hands often and well. Refer to Alberta Health Services' hand-washing instructions for guidance.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands. Refer to Alberta Health Services' respiratory hygiene recommendations for guidance.
To help protect against all respiratory illnesses, including the flu and COVID-19, you should clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers several recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and bedding, linens, and clothing.
Cell phones can be particularly germ-filled surfaces. Apple offers specific recommendations for cleaning your cell phone, cell phone case, and other devices.
While Apple mentions that "[u]sing a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, you may gently wipe the hard, nonporous surfaces of your Apple product, such as the display, keyboard, or other exterior surfaces" (Apple, 2020), other sources recommend against using Clorox or Lysol wipes on your cell phone and other devices.
- Students contact Student Wellness Services (firstname.lastname@example.org; 403.210.9355) with any additional questions or to access various support services
- For 24/7 mental health support, call Distress Centre at 403-266-4357 or Wood’s Homes Community Support team at 403-299-9699
- Concerned about another student? E-mail the Student at Risk team at email@example.com or call 403-220-4923
- Students living in residence can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403.220.3210
- All international student inquires should be directed to email@example.com
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with specific inquiries related to COVID-19 and travel
- Visit UCalgary's COVID-19 Community Support website for students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Last Updated: Nov 30, 2023 1:38 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/2019novelcoronavirus
- Print Page