Open Educational Resources (OER)
- About Open Educational Resources
- Open Education & Support at UCalgary
- Finding OER
- Adopting, Developing, & Evaluating OER
- Open Education Alberta Publishing Service: Creating OER in Pressbooks
- Open Educational Practices: OER-Enabled and Open Pedagogy
- Copyright & Open Licensing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
OER Services at UCalgary
Libraries and Cultural Resources (LCR) at UCalgary offers support and services for adopting, adapting, and creating open educational resources.
We offer consultations, workshops, an Open Course Materials Matching Service (OCoMMS) for faculty and instructors, OER by Discipline Guide and support for OER adoption, adaptation, and creation.
Look for future OER workshops and events on the Taylor Institute and LCR events pages.
Please contact to us anytime to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Subject Librarians are able to assist you during your course planning. You are welcome to contact the Subject Librarian in your discipline by either booking a consultation or locating your Subject Librarian's contact information in our Staff Directory
- OER Services, Events, and Resources at LCR [PDF Postcard]Downloadable PDF postcard listing services, events, and resources for Open Educational Resources at UCalgary's Libraries and Cultural Resources
- Open and/or Free Course Material Options [PDF Infographic]Downloadable PDF infographic summarizing some options for course materials that are free for students and faculty to access.
Taylor Institute Teaching and Learning Grants and Scholars Program
Taylor Institute Teaching and Learning Grants and Scholars
Grants in teaching and learning are offered through the Taylor Institute each year through funding by the Provost's Office. Thanks goes out to UCalgary's Students' Union who have provided additional SU Quality Money funding for an open educational resources grant focus for the adaptation and creation of OER.
The 2022 TI Teaching and Learning Grant recipients have been announced.
BCcampus’ Review an Open Textbook
Available to faculty in Alberta, BCcampus is looking for qualified textbook reviewers for select open textbooks held within the B.C. Open Textbook Collection. If an open textbook within their list of eligible titles is of interest to you, consider submitting an application.
UCalgary and OER in the News
UCalgary's Students' Union are advocates of the use open educational resources in undergraduate courses. Read about their ongoing initiatives on campus in the articles linked below.
SU Press Release: Textbook Broke – Students looking for affordable ways to study, September 2022
U of C Students' Union seeks financial help from province to develop free textbooks - CBC News Article, September 2022
Textbook troubles: University of Calgary students want help paying for course materials - CTV News Article and Segment, September 2022
UCalgary students’ union wants learning resource help to ease education cost - LiveWire Calgary News Article, September 2022
- University of Calgary Student-led project investing in Open Educational Resources - CBC News Article, April 2021
- Last Updated: Mar 22, 2023 5:11 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/OER
- Print Page