BUSN - Entrepreneurship & Small Business
Resources on starting and running a business; for resources specific to aboriginal business, view our Aboriginal Economic Development guide.
Small Business Financing Resources
- Canada Business NetworkThis is an excellent resource from the Government of Canada that provides entrepreneurs with access to reliable, up-to-date and relevant information to help them start and grow their business. Provides extensive information on starting a business.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program (Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada))Under this program the Government of Canada makes it easier for small businesses to get loans from financial institutions by sharing the risk with lenders.
- Capital and Financing Supports for Entrepreneurs (Alberta Government)(Open Access)
Provides a list of resources for information on financing a business.
- SME Research and Statistics (Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada)Find small business statistics, research reports and more.
- Money & Finance (Business Development Bank of Canada)Information on how to get financing and how to manage your finances.
- Alberta Tax and Revenue Administration(Open Access)
Includes tax and rebate information applicable to businesses in Alberta.
- Canadian Venture Capital & Private Equity AssociationA good source for statistics on venture capital.
- C.D. Howe Institute"The C.D. Howe Institute is an independent not-for-profit organization that aims to raise Canadians’ living standards by fostering economically sound public policies."
- Last Updated: May 16, 2023 10:06 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/entrepreneurship
- Print Page