EndNote Citation Tool
An introduction to EndNote Desktop version and EndNote Online / Web (free version).
Using the EndNote plug-in to Insert Citations
- Configure the Cite-While-You-Write plug-in
- Insert References in a Word Document
- Configure Bibliography
|The video covers how to configure the Cite-While-Yo-Write (CWYW) plug-in when writing a manuscript in Word|
- Download the Cite-While-You-Write plug-in to automatically insert references in a Word document.
- Within EndNote Online account, go to the Downloads tab and install the plug-in according to device specifications.
|The instructions below summarizes how to insert references and format bibliographies when writing a manuscript in Word.|
- Find and select citation (s) and insert them into a Word document
- Place the cursor at the end of a word, sentence, or paragraph within a document where you would like to insert a citation > click Insert Citations
- Use the Edit and Manage Citations feature to modify and add more information - i.e. prefix, suffix, pages, remove references.
|The instructions below summarizes how to customize an EndNote-generated reference list with Configure Bibliography|
- Choose from many available Output Styles from the drop-down menu under Style
- Reformat citations and bibliographies according to the output style required for your writing
- Last Updated: Nov 28, 2023 8:14 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/endnote
- Print Page