Architecture & Design
Citing & Writing
Use any books recommended by your professor to review how to write a paper and how to format your bibliography. The Library has most style guides. The Chicago style is often used for Art and Music.
- Chicago manual of style 15th ed. (UofC only).
- See also print editions/locations in Library Catalogue:
Chicago manual of style. 15th ed.: Z253 .C44 2003
Turabian, Kate L. A manual for writers of term papers, theses, and dissertations. LB2369 .T92 1996, Learning Commons Reference, Taylor 1st floor
The Library also has books on writing about art and art history such as:
- Barnet, Sylvan. A short guide to writing about art. 9th ed
N7476 .B37 2008, Visual & Performing Arts Reference
(earlier editions in circulating stacks.)
- Reid, Donna K. Thinking and writing about art history
N380 .R45 2000 Visual & Performing Arts Reference
- Sayre, Henry M. Writing about art. 4th ed.
N7476 .S29 2002, Taylor 5th floor
- Carrier, David. Writing about visual art.
N7476 .C47 2003, Taylor 5th floor
- Tucker, Amy. Visual literacy: Writing about art.
N7476 .T83 2002, Taylor 5th floor
- Research Guide to the History of Western Art.
N 380 .K56 1982, Visual & Performing Arts Reference
- Last Updated: Sep 29, 2023 3:56 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucalgary.ca/guides/architecture-design
- Print Page